Friday, March 15, 2013

Update to Angell's Life

So, over the next couple of weeks, you will be seeing some changes to the blog, not the least of which is that I will now be doing my book reviews that I was originally doing on Books for Linda here instead. I have had several reasons for deciding to do this change. The biggest is that a lot of indie authors have gotten upset with me because I give them three and four star reviews. Obviously, they didn't spend a lot of time reading my review, or my previous reviews, because I don't even give great authors like Rick Riordan or Orson Scott Card five star reviews! There is no such thing as a perfect book. Five stars implies perfect, right?

Rick Riordan totally deserves 5 Stars!

(Funny side note, everyone on Goodreads is annoyed with me because I rated The Hunters four out of five stars. They all insist that I change my rating of my own book to five stars. Yeah, not gonna happen. That just seems the ultimate hubris. My book isn't that good. I actually considered giving it three stars, but that is considered a bad rating on Goodreads, and I obviously loved it enough to publish it, so I don't think it is average!)
What happened to modesty? 

Anywho, point of that little rant is that I will now be doing all Indie reviews here, and I will NOT use a rating system! I will point out the good, the bad and the ugly, then let you decide on your own whether or not to read the work. I'll also be participating in the Amazon Associates and have a link to where you can buy the book, should you so choose!

I'm going to boost up my author interviews. I've been far too slack about that!

Is there anything else that you would like to see me do with the blog? Let me know in the comments below.

Until next time,

Keep Writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment