Friday, February 27, 2015

The Maze Runner: Thoughts pre-review 2

Wow, a month later and we are still trying to finish this thing. In fairness, I lost my voice for almost a week, so we weren't able to read. We are now almost 2/3 of the way through the book and although my boys are getting more caught up in the story, I am still struggling.

One of the problems I am having is that the story is just there. There were some points where I started to get sucked in (first trip into the maze) and then it gets stalemated by unnecessary and unexplained drama (Gally's dramatic temper tantrum about hating Thomas for no explained reason and then disappearing).

I get very tired of wondering around in a blank mind. The teasers of memories that he dwells on is a bit exhausting. Especially because none of it really seems to be going anywhere. I get the very distinct feeling that this book is going to end in a HUGE cliff hanger leaving us not much further along beyond character introduction.

I hope the movie goes faster than the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment