Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Giving Thanks

Hello Lovely Readers,

Wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving! I really love this holiday, and every year as Christmas crowds out Thanksgiving more and more, I feel sad.

We have a few strict rules in my house about the holidays.

1. No Christmas music until after Thanksgiving.
2. We decorate for Christmas on Black Friday, and not one moment before!
3. Thanksgiving is a time for Giving Thanks and every year as we sit around the table to awesome food, we each tell what we are thankful for. This is huge.


It is important, especially in this busy world, to take a moment and focus on what we are thankful for rather than focusing solely on what we don't have.

We should really do it more than just once a year. But for some people, this is the only time they think about it, and for a lot of people Thanksgiving is just a prelude to Christmas. They are only thinking about the menu, not what the holiday is meant to represent.

I am very excited for Thanksgiving this year because we are going to a friend's house, and I am so Thankful that I don't have to do all the cooking!

What is one thing you are thankful for this year?

Also, because I am thankful for all of my readers, keep an eye out for some crazy "Black Friday" sales on my books. 75% off codes will be released on Black Friday and you don't even have to face the mad crowds to get this great deal! Get a copy for you, for a loved one, for the reader in your office. At roughly $1 a book, that is a pretty great gift for you and for them!


No comments:

Post a Comment